Thursday, April 19, 2012

philly

It's April 2012 and though I have completed my taxes I've hardly kept the pact to myself to post on this blog at least once a week. But hey, today is a new day! We did a trip last weekend to Philly. It was rad. Philadelphia is a little big city. There are tons of things to do see and yet it has a smaller town feel. The people in Philly love there city and are happy to enjoy it.

First of all, the great things about Philadelphia: It's a tiny little bus ride from New York, your butt doesn't even have a chance to get tired, it's all good by the time you get there. It's also wonderfully walkable. While there are plenty of places to go in the city individual neighborhoods have there own charms and there was plenty to do in the area where we stayed.  Also, the place we rented rocked my socks off! An architect's design DIY place with a rooftop deck, amazing furniture design and vintage galore. My favorite part, though, was the morning sun coming in. I love morning sunlight.

Roof top deck. You can't get that in New York too often so we really enjoyed ourselves.



PBR in a bottle? You're too fancy for me Pabst. We had a few drinks a the local watering hole. Okay, we went to a few watering holes.



Beautiful morning light. I love it. If I could get up everyday and watch the sunrise I think my life would be better. That is if I could get up.


The streets are small and filled with people. The best spots to hang are evidenced by the crowds. We just enjoyed meandering and of course we had to test out the Pat's-Geno's rivalry. We say it may just have to go to Pat's!

2 comments:

  1. I love the view in the first picture! It is so nice that you got to explore Philly for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rona! we had a blast! that was the rooftop where we stayed! it was so great. can't wait to do a post about turkey.

    ReplyDelete